Hello all! Anyone have any luck with deploying a new custom partition to a device connected through IGEL Cloud Gateway? I have successfully updated firmware remotely but cant seem to get it to work with a Custom Partition. I am leveraging Citrix Sharefile but I also have Nutanix Files, Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive available if anyone has had success with those.
Hello Michael, usually you could adapt the Download Path aka. source to point to a public web server where the Inf and tar.bz2 are publicly available:
Thanks Sebastian. I tried to point to the FTP location but it doesn’t want to accept it. I will try a couple other configs tomorrow and hopefully get a config I can put out there for others.
Hi Michael, I’m deploying Custom Partitions through FTPS and it works fine.
The IGEL Setup has to point to the .inf file and the .inf file points to the tar.bz tar.bz or bz2 file
If you are using FTPS, depending on how your FTPS server is configured, you may have to put the full path (from the root of the server) into the file location.
Using Pure-FTPd, very light and comes with a few nice tricks
I’m not familiar with the sources that you mentioned, but I just use FTPS/SCP (FTP over SSH). You can force FTP and chroot for the account that you use for the file transfer so that it’s “root” directory will be where the files are, which simplifies the path a bit and is more secure.
Yes tested and it works perfectly, just change the URL as Sebastien suggested.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help deploying a new custom partition to a device connected through IGEL Cloud Gateway?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?