Hello everyone, i’m quite new to the use of IGEL and i ran into a problem.. I tried to get usb camera’s to work on my IGEL’s but nothing seems to work.. It’s probably i little problem that is fixed in no time but as i said i’m still really new to the use of IGEL’s and also my IT job in general (I work for about 4-5 months now). Someone want to share some knowledge about this with me?
Hi Matthias – welcome to the family. As a first overview please have a look at the UCC guide here files.igelcommunity.com/igelos_ucc_configuration_guide.pdf
Hi Matthias and very welcome to the Igel Community. In addition to Udo’s message can you share your Profilers with us and what Cam you use?
Hello Matthias, a few additional informations might be needed to help you out:
1. Firmware version of your IGEL OS device
2. Which kind of Terminalserver / VDI solution are you using?
3. Where do you want to use the Camera (Application)
4. Is it working already?
Profilers? Sorry 🙂 this is the camera i bought to test
Logitech, model C920 Pro HD webcam
2. RDS so microsoft if that’s what you mean 3. Teams meetings especially and 4. the camera works properly but it’s nowhere to be found when i plug it in, alltho other usb devices are found (mouse)
Well, on RDS, there isn’t so much you can optimize but using RemoteFX:
Have an eye on USB Redirection and be sure, that Audio devices aren’t get redirected through USB Redirection.
If that doesn’t work either, you could try to redirect the webcam via Native USB redirection instead:
Last but not least, even if it related to extra license, Fabulatech might hehp too:
In addition, please check if the device is seen under: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/webcam-information-42011253.html
The bottleneck isn’t the Webcam (which is great) but more the RDS implementation and a lack of Teams optimisation there.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help getting USB camera’s to work on my IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?