Hi, did anybody successfully implement Citrix Browser Content Redirection (BCR) with “server fetch, client render” and a http proxy? From what I can see from “netstat -t”, the Igel TC always tries to do “client fetch, client render” – and as there is no proxy configured on the TC, the CEF tries to connect to the redirected site directly. Tested w/ FW 11.05.145 and 11.05.133 using CWA 2012 and the FW ́s default CWA. BTW: The proxy requires authentication, but from what I can tell from the proxy logs, there are no failed authentication requests. BCR from a Windows-based client works and goes through the proxy, therefore, I ́d assume the Citrix-side configuration is OK.
Hi Tim, I can‘t unfortunately but I know that @member did a lot of tests on BCR. René, any insights from your side maybe?
Proxies that require explicit authentication are supported with CWA for Windows 1907 or higher only
René, not beeing able to authenticate wouldn ́t be an issue (I could create a execption in the proxy to avoid authentication for specific URLs). But from what I can see the CWA does not even try to do server fetch through the VDA, but tries to connect to the destination directly.
You would have to change the BCR Server fetch and client render proxy policy option to „Direct“ I guess. Tbh I never tried if it works on Linux CWA
also I suspect it doesn‘t work in conjunction with CEF
As far as I can see, it always does client fetch (it doesn ́t seem to honor the BCR proxy policy at all). As the Igel OS system proxy setting seem to work w/ the CEF, we are trying to work around this by using client fetch.
If I remember correctly BCR with proxy policy only works with WebKit
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help implementing Citrix Browser Content Redirection with “server fetch, client render” and a http proxy?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”