Hey guys, looking for help on installing a usb wireless adapter but seems to require drivers to be installed? Any tips or ideas on how I can achieve this
Hey Anthony! Which firmware are you using?
On 11.03.110, you could try to release the Backport driver:
On Wifi: did you also tried the Unuse of the Backport drivers: System,Registry,Network,drivers.use_backport_driver to False ?
its just 10.06.170 firmware, guess that firmware dont have that setting
any ideas for the older firmware?
Could you upgrade to 11.03.110?
still didn’t work. Weird stuff its got like a mix of bluetooth and wireless in one
Which is the exact Brand/Model/Rev. Nr. of the Wifi Chipset?
we are going into full lockdown tommrrow over in New Zealand and someone purchased 40 of these without testing. so was hoping i may be able to help getting it working.
I can try to but have to leave for bedtime now…
A few thoughts:
On 11.03.110, please test the standard driver, then unusing the Backport driver like described Registry Keys above.
On 11.03.110 or 10.06 try to download the driver for Linux www.edimax.com/edimax/download/download/data/edimax/global/download/for_home/wireless_adapters/wireless_adapters_n150/ew-7611ulb www.edimax.com/edimax/download/download/data/edimax/global/download/for_home/wireless_adapters/wireless_adapters_n150/ew-7611ulb
and try to load the driver by hand
Btw. I’m seeing a lot of RTL Drivers already builtin (what I expected tbh.): You could check then if your chipset is covered
Stay safe and healthy
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help installing a USB wireless adapter, but seems to require drivers to be installed’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?