I’ve got a strange issue. We have a bunch of Intel Compute Sticks running IGEL OS 11 acting as PDF delivery clients for exam students. I have the PDF files pushed through UMS to each client’s local storage, and then I have a custom application defined for each one that calls evince in fullscreen. For the most part it works great, but occasionally the clients will lock up into a grey screen with no taskbar or start button visible, and the only solution is a hard power cycle. I’ve been trying to replicate the issue with a test client but I can’t figure out what causes them to flip to the full grey screen, and unfortunately our exam room isn’t networked yet so there’s no way for me to remotely troubleshoot these units when the issue occurs. Has anyone else had issues with an IGEL client freezing up?
That’s a new one to me. What firmware are you running on those devices?
Most likely need to review the journal logs on the local device. Going to be hard to troubleshoot if you cannot pull data off. Can you connect them to Wi-Fi or anything?
That’s the plan when we move offices in the fall, unfortunately I’m stuck right now. Where are the journal logs on the device, and do they get wiped after a reboot?
They are wiped after reboot, unless you enable debug options.
If you can use the terminal to get in before it reboots you can run the command below to export journal to a local log in tmp
journalctl > /tmp/journal.log
Thanks, I’ll enable the debug partition on each unit and then hopefully at least I can get some information out of them
So after enabling the debug partition and waiting for another unit to lock up on a grey screen, I found this error in the messages log:
kernel: [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] ERROR CPU pipe C FIFO underrun
There is a registry key to disable the i915 driver due to some known issues. I am OOO, but ping me tomorrow on this thread and I can get it to you to test
Hi, Can you share the registry fix on here, I am having the same issue with a few UD2s. Thanks
thanks will give that a go
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help, issues with an IGEL OS client freezing up?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS