I have been trying to security harden a IGEL for kiosk use with Horizon client and Chromium but I just dont seem to be able to get rid of all manner of hotkeys everywere. The most harmful ones I have mapped away in User Interface/Hotkeys/Commands to harmless things as hide windows and such. But There are so many in just Chromium so does anyone have a suggestion on how I can map all the hotkeys and shortcuts to nothing or harmless things? Or is there som hidden feature to disable hotkeys alltogether?
Hi Andreas, would have to double check but why not using the Appliance mode instead? This mode disables most of the stuff you described with one click:
Disabling Chromium Hotkeys might get covered on Kiosk mode:
but will check in a few min.
I agree with @member, this is a perfect use case for Appliance Mode
Hi, I have been looking in to this but I have som problems.
We use Horizon with smartcard auth via SAML and therefore we are dependent on a browser. If I set appliance mode to Horizon client the auth-redirect starts the browser I have configured and everythis works fine but the browser is then left running with all its hotkeys avalible and hacking the client is to easy. If I go the other route and set the browser to appliance mode (Only Firefox avalible to this) I can’t get the smartcard certificate signature to be accepted, I have opened a ticket regarding this. When will Chromium be avalible with appliance mode?
Any one else have a suggestion on setting upp a secure kiosk-mode config with both a browser and Horizon client?
On Chromium: it’s planned, I will ask.
On appliance mode like, here is a link to a profile set which might fit: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1551786208066400?thread_ts=1551229422.044800&channel=C8GP9JHQE&message_ts=1551786208.066400
On smartcards with Firefox, worst a try:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help secure IGEL OS Kiosk mode: how I can map all the hotkeys and shortcuts?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR