Hello, does anyone have experience customizing a Google Chrome CP? I want to prevent users from having the ability to save passwords.
Like Ron said, I would use the PasswordManagerEnabled Policy, set it to false and create/write it in the managed_policies.json file. Then I would roll out the file via UMS Filetransfer and I do the following:
1. I would copy the file with the ums_filetransfer and create a new file in the UMS console. Set the access rights from the managed_policies to: Owner (Read, Write, Exec) and Other (Read Only), Owner: Root. The benefit is, that you can change the policies easier, if you have a ums file, not in the Chrome CP, that ́s my opinion and my experience. 🙂
2. Copy the files to /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/managed_policies.json
3. At the last send the configuration to the device and reopen Chrome, now your Chrome should configured like you want. Hint: There you can see all acquired policies and the policies, that are not acquired because of errors and the error why not. 😉
I’ve worked and working a lot with Chromium/Chrome policies, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask it. We are here to help, everyone with his/her experiences and knowledge. 😉
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Help with customizing a Google Chrome custom partition on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?