Hello, when connecting a monitor with a higher resolution then set in the thinclient the screen will stretch instead of giving black bars. Anyone seen this issue before? The thinclient is set to 1920×1080 and when connected to a 1920×1200 monitor it stretches the screen while we where expecting black bars at top and bottom. Any hints on why this is happening?
What is Happening if you set the resolution to 1920×1200?
Are you sure the monitor doesn’t also support 1920×1080 and it’s just auto-adjusting (stretching) to the 16:9 aspect ratio?
Did you tried to set the resolution by using the display switcher (Igel Setup=>Accessories=>Display Switcher)?
Thanks for your quick reply!
@member When the resolution is set to 1920×1200 the screen is displayed normally. @member When under Win10 it gives black bars, only on the Igel it stretches. Didn’t find any setting in the OSD of the Samsung SyncMaster 2443 to counter the behavior. @member Changing the resolution from the display switcher did not help. The screen still stretches to fill the screen.
Edit: Connected the monitor on the DVI port via VGA adapter. Changing te resolution now gives black bars. Only 1920×1080 is no longer an option to select in the display switcher.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Higher resolution monitors connected to IGEL OS thin client stretch instead of giving black bars.’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”