How are organizations handling multiple technicians simultaneously logging in to the UMS? I have about 5 techs that need access to basic features (shadowing mainly) in the UMS and whoever is working on setup and office installations also needs to be logged in. Currently we are RDPing to the server it is on, but only 2 people at a time can access the UMS via RDP due to limitations on our Windows Server. What are some of the best ways to set up multiple people to access the UMS? What is working for other organizations?
Hi Michael, usually I would install only the console (with the same install file like for UMS) by checking it during the installation wizard, on their Laptops. After that every one should be able to act for his one.
Second aspect but more complex IMHO, is to use the Webaccess, yourums:8443/start_rm.html
There the technicians could access the UMS by using their local Java Runtime Env. (JRE).
More complex because: you will need JRE, patch it maybe, etc.
Hope it helps!
Yep, just install the console on their machines, they just need to enter the hostname of the UMS server to connect back to it. We have a couple dozen techs with access to our UMS so I set up LDAP so they can log in with their AD credentials and gain access through membership in an AD group I created.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How are organizations handling multiple technicians simultaneously logging in to the IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”