Hi there. The Display-Scaling in Windows Server 2016 is different to the way it worked on 2008 R2. Prior, the user could choose a Scaling Level (125%, 150%) by himself even in a Remote Session. This is not possible in 2012 / 2016, the new way is that the Client defines the Scaling. Is it possible that a user can choose the Scaling-level on Igel OS? Connecting via Citrix Receiver…
Hi, can’t test it actually but did you had a look on
Display Switch: kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05/en/display-switch-7110779.html
There you could define a zoom Option
Yes, but then i can set a virtual Resolution, the Screen is zoomed and i can move around in it, like with a magnifier tool.
Then, my only idea is to play around with the DPI Scale under User Interface => Display => Display DPI. How would you solve the issue on a linux fat client? If there is a fix I would assume, that we could use it on our OS
@member I have the same problem. Did you already find a possible solution?
Can you try the virtual resolution or scale? That worked on my side, didn‘t had this in mind on my first answer to @member
@member Neither RDP Window Scale nor Display DPI has any effect to the citrix desktop session
Nothing of this worked for us. We ended up writing a little tool which sets the Reg-Key “LogPixels” (DWORD) at HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop to the Values 96,120,144,192 or 288 by users choice. the user has to logoff and on logon the Scaling Level is set.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How can the user can choose the Scaling-level on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”