Hi, How can we configure Dynamic DNS updates in Active directory DNS? in the kb article about this, says: This only works for BIND9 or other nameservers supporting TSIG, not for Microsoft Active Directory servers. kb.igel.com/igelos-11.02.100/en/configuring-dynamic-dns-updates-via-ddns-23514907.html
Couldn’t you let DHCP handle the DNS updates?
yes, but what if we have fixed ipaddress?
no, we can not work with DHCP in our bank branch office
I think the only way to have the IGELs to register to DNS by themself is to set your DNS zone for unsecure DNS updates
I am wondering if I can make a CP with something like sssd..
I never understood why not using DHCP is considered more secure. It doesn’t really add anything around security, and really just makes things more difficult.
in our environment, an FI, we require everything to be DHCP. There are a few items we have to exempt, but not many and they have to be in specific ports, with specific MAC address, etc.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How can we configure Dynamic DNS updates in Active directory DNS on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”