We have an EMP licensed device “in the field” that is showing that the license will expire in 8 days. We recently assigned a new EMP 3 year license, however the user is still getting the warning about the expiring license. How do I force the TC to begin using the new license? Or do we wait until the old one expires?
Do the licenses in the admin section of UMS show the updated date?
Yeah, it looks correct in there
Is it correct to assume you tried the option to refresh license information?
Yeah. I figured out the issue. When the new license file was added to UMS, the old license file was not deleted, so the TC hung onto the old one for file and death. I deleted the old one, rebooted TC, and voila!
Hey Barry, did you use the Solution where they:
1. Do perform the following command in terminal on the device:
2. `cat /license/dsa/licenses/*.lic`
3. Gather the entries between `<licensecategory>` and `</licensecategory>.`
I’m having the same issue on some of mine as well.
Hi – I did not try those steps. In our case a simple reboot has been working as we are refreshing licenses.
Thanks for replying. So what step to you do to delete the license from the device?
We didnt. We just assigned the new one.
It’s worth mentioning that the license that was assigned had the same license pack number (EMP-####)
Aahh, Those upgrades are going well for me. It is the ones that I’m changing to a different pack that are being problem children. Thank you for the update.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS