New to iGel and I was assigned the task of getting this up and running which has been pretty straightforward, but I have a few questions that I can’t find any answers to: How do I get dual monitors to work within a Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment? The monitors work fine, but the users can’t adjust the positions within windows, so I can’t adjust the left right positions.
Hi Paul – First thing would be to allow for the Display switcher to be shown on the iGel OS desktop. Once it is there you can click the “Simple” mode button and be able to select the monitor orientation for dual monitors
You can find the profile setting under Accessories > Display Switch. I, personally have the “Desktop” starting method enabled to allow users to interact with it, and then under Options > I have Smart Display Configuration and Preserve settings through reboot enabled.
You may also want to enable the “Configure when new displays are connected check box as well.
Thanks James. I found that setting easily, but I am using an Imprivata appliance mode for login so the users don’t even see the iGel desktop at all. I guess I will need to experiment or enable hot keys or something.
I would rate the option to adjust hotkeys as the easiest way in my point of view. Yes, you have to remember and configure that combination but otherwise it’s pretty easy.
I haven’t tested this yet, but there is an ‘appliance mode access’ (or similar) option in the Display Switcher options.
Works like a charm, setup a hotkey and appliance mode. No issues at all. Thanks guys
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How do I get dual monitors to work within a Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS