Hi all… How do I provision local USB printer with iGel to be mapped inside Citrix session? The printer I’m testing at the moment is Canon (SOHO) but in prod it would be HP
Use of the Citrix Universal printer driver ensures that all printers connected to a client can also be used from a virtual desktop or application session without integrating a new printer driver in the data center.
Auto-created client printers and Citrix Universal printer driver
For home offices where users work on non-standard workstations and use non-managed print devices, the simplest approach is to use auto-created client printers and the Universal printer driver.
In summary, the sample deployment is configured as follows:
• No printer drivers are installed on Multi-session OS machines. Only the Citrix Universal printer driver is used. Fallback to native printing and the automatic installation of printer drivers are disabled.
Auto-create client printers
This setting specifies the client printers that are auto-created. This setting overrides default client printer auto-creation settings.
By default, all client printers are auto-created.
This setting takes effect only if the Client printer redirection setting is present and set to Allowed.
When adding this setting to a policy, select an option:
• Auto-create all client printers automatically creates all printers on a user device.
• Auto-create the client’s default printer only automatically creates only the printer selected as the default printer on the user device.
Sample profiles for Citrix on these two links:
We have no problem with Citrix side – all works fine from Windows and MacOS clients. I’m talking about direct attached printers to iGel devices via USB port.
I did that and it is what’s in profile I shared here. However printer is not getting detected by iGel device. If I open local browser and try to print I get only “print to file”
I created support case, but unfortunately we are not eligible for normal support and will have to wait 3 business days until someone responds.
Here is another note that may help — support.citrix.com/article/CTX140208
We have that sorted out – it’s nothing to do with Citrix – iGel does not detect printer and therefore it’s not passed to Citrix.
Oh… Does the OS see the USB device (open terminal as root –> # lsusb
Once you can see the printer from USB — Then add it as a CUPS printer and then open browser and go to:
and print a test page.
Cool… So IGEL OS sees the printer. Now add it as CUPS printer and add it as a CUPS printer and then open browser and go to:
and print a test page.
The problem was that we had firmware customization which removed all features that were not in use, including CUPS
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How do I provision local USB printers with IGEL to be mapped inside Citrix session?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?