I would like to know how UMS handle the situation when a single UMS server (non-HA) goes down?
If an end user reboots the IGEL OS, does it all the configuration gone since it can’t communicate with UMS?
Yes all configuration stays with the device if the UMS is down. No down time for the clients.
Boot time will slightly be longer as every endpoint tries to contact the UMS at startup.
Thank you for your quick response.
You will not be able though to change any settings on the device which were originally set by UMS (options are “grey” and not available for modification). But if UMS is down I guess you would rather focus on getting UMS back up again than making any changes on the client 😉
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How does the IGEL UMS handle the situation when a single UMS server (non-HA) goes down?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?