Citrix Support is asking me to provide logs as described here support.citrix.com/article/CTX217629 . First step works and it generate file in /tmp. How do I get files of the IGEL OS? Second step – running Citrix utility fails. Anyone have experience with capturing and providing these logs to Citrix?
Hi Vojin, not sure if that tool concerns the following logging but it‘s worst a try:
With the Workspace app 2009 Citrix has revised its debug logging, so we have centralized the Citrix logging with firmware 11.04.200.
To activate Citrix logging only one parameter is necessary:
Starting with CWA 2009 Citrix uses the logging daemon ctxlogd, which can be set via the parameters ica.logging.setlog.
The new daemon displays information in the journal,
Nov 02 09:27:39 WYSE1 citrix-ctxlogd : Session starting for pid 11938.
Nov 02 09:27:39 WYSE1 citrix-ctxlogd: Session closing for pid 11938.
Nov 02 09:27:39 WYSE1 citrix-ctxlogd: Session starting for pid 11938.
Nov 02 09:27:39 WYSE1 citrix-ctxlogd: Process 11938 has named itself “citrix-storebrowse”.
But also creates a logfile (default: /var/log/ICAClient.log).
By default all log levels get the value Error from level all (ica.loggig.setlog.level.all). But it will be necessary to adjust the log levels individually to get the necessary information.
Thanks Sebastian! How do I download generated log file of from iGel?
Easiest way would to SSH the device or use a SFTP Client if you enabled SSH on the endpoint.
As an alternative via USB, a bit like here:
All endpoints are over ICG, so no direct SSH
Citrix support is asking for “CWAL LURdump logs”
and this results in error:
Same with 2012
found the way…..
move files to /var/log
download files for support using UMS console
PERFECT!!! Awesome Vojin👍🙏
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How enable logs and to download log files from IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?