Hello All, We have an internal website that uses java controls that don’t work on Firefox browser. Does anyone know how I can get Chrome installed on an IGEL OS. I’ve downloaded the chrome installation (.deb) file, but it’s not letting me install it. Thanks
If you figure this out, let me know, as I am interested in using Chrome also.
Offically is not supported and I didn ́t tested yet, but you can follow these steps (Custom partition): kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05.500/en/a-real-world-cp-chromium-8620462.html Other workaround is to run your favorite browser inside a RDP or other kind of session connecting to a server.
More info and good news igelize.me/cp.html
@member @member is absolutely right! If you want to get the latest Custom Partition delivered without building it: the process would be to open a ticket at Igel Support and ask for it!
Has anyone had any luck connecting to FTP site URL= please.igelize.me/chrome/chrome.inf
I get the following error 530 User cannot log in.
No permission to access file
@member @member @member
please.igelize.me please.igelize.me is my site, and the CP of chrome was a “project” i was using to demo UD Pocket. It is not maintained. To get your hands on the Google Chrome Custom Partition, you need to create a ticket and ask for it.
Of course, that link is a private file. As Fredrik said, if is not maintained, is better that you open a ticket.
IGEL provided the chrome custom partition and it works fine. Thanks for all your help
CHeckout the IGEL Custom Partitions template store: www.igelcommunity.com/igel-custom-partitions-store and our github page: github.com/IGEL-Community/IGEL-Custom-Partitions
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How I can install Chrome installed on an IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”