How is everyone handling device health/status in UMS? Management is asking if there’s a way to proactively see issues on IGEL devices, and I can’t find any health check items outside of a license check in the system info.
not in a proper out of the box manner, tbh. They are a few possibilities but, not for all of them atm.
is one thing to consider, but I believe we should have it automated and printable. We discussed it a few times, thanks for reminding.
On UMS, you could parse logs regularly from UMS (Tomcat, etc…), but I havent a template atm.
Yeah, I think we’d definitely be looking for something automated. There’s zero chance you’ll convince anyone to randomly parse through logs on a regular basis, IMO.
I haven’t really looked into what data you get from this, but what about a solution like Lakeside Systrack?
That almost looks like it’s meant to be monitoring an entire Citrix environment, from the endpoint in. What little I found didn’t really sound like what I was looking for. Then again, the more I think about it, I’m not sure what could possibly be gathered. The fact that you can reboot a thin client and get right back to the state it was in at the previous boot up makes it quite unique, especially compared to a traditional Windows thick client.
Is there any reason why you wouldn’t recommend configuring that debuglog partition for all devices full-time? I was thinking of going that route and setting up a 100MB partition with syslog rotation enabled. Not sure if the others are worth enabling.
Usually, this debug tools take a bit of performance so I‘m using them when needed, but try them and see if this impacts the CPU / IO, I believe that ping may be interesting also!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How is everyone handling device health/status in IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS