Hi everyone. How often do the UMS servers communicate to the database servers? Would a distance of say 100 miles (160km) between UMS server and Database server have a performance impact?
Hi James! We usually recommend to have the UMS Server and SQL DB in the same Datacenter. The server is asking for almost everything a DB Query. Profiles, Jobs, Asset Infos, …, everything is stored in the DB and would get updated sometime every second or at least at rebooting clients.
If we are speaking about a (real) low latency network you may try it but I wouldn‘t recommend it IMHO.
Ok, thank you for the info.
I have an install of UMS in my DR DC talking to the SQL DB in the primary DC and they’re 135 miles (4-5ms) apart – seems to work fine with no problems.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How often do the IGEL UMS server communicate to the database servers? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS