Hi, we encountered a problem with the integrated wwan on a Dell LAtitude 5510 with Igel OS 11.04.240. If wwan is enabled, i think every connections runs over wwan, even if the LAN cable is connected. I can see it, because for external connections our Citrix Gateway needs a 2 Factor Authetification.
Now i tried to build some custom applications to Activate and Deactivate WWAN , but have no luck with the command nmcli radio wwan off. It looks likge IGEL OS is not using this command to DE-/Active WWAN. Does anybody have some hints for us?
Hi, did you issued the command in a Terminal as root first? Something like these:
nmcli r wwan on && systemctl restart network-manager
Hi Sebastian, thanks for your reply. I tried it, but it doesn’t work. In the terminal the status shows WWAN enabled, but there is no symbol in the taskbar. When i activate it trough the gui it works as aspected.
Can you provide a few screenshots?
If I understand what you want, you want to disable WiFi whenever an Ethernet cable is connected?
i found a solution. I have to use the command nmcli device disconnect cdc-wdm0 to deactivate the WWAN Connection. After a restart the connection is automatically enabled, so i put the command also in the custom commands. It looks good till now.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to Activate and Deactivate WWAN on IGEL via a command or script? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”