Hi guys, I have set up a profile using the appliance mode connecting to our Citrix environment. Everything is restricted in the profile and it only opens Firefox for the Netscaler connection. The taskbar is hidden, so no one is able to see it. Now we have UDPs running in notebooks and using different wifi networks. Is there a way to put a shortcut to the Wireless Manager on the desktop? Thanks Stefan
Hi Stefan, yes. Create a Custom Application:
and use the command start-wireless-manager
To Start it you could create a Hotkey: Ctrl alt W
Hi @member, I have created a new Custom Application and it is shown on my Igel desktop. But a double-click on it doesn’t do anything. Is “start-wireless-manager” the correct command or do I have to add something else? Thanks Stefan
Hi @member Dumb Question maybe but did you activate under Network=>Lan Interfaces=>Wireless the checkbox Enable Wireless Manager? If no, please try that one.
There are no dump questions. 😉 And yes, I did that before.
But currently I’m testing the behavior with my VM. Maybe that is the problem. I will test with a “hardware client” and give a feedback.
That was the problem! With a notebook, everything works like a charm. Thanks for your support!✅
Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to add a shortcut to the Wireless Manager on the IGEL OS desktop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”