Hi! When executing ‘user_shutdown’ , a window pops up asking the user if they are sure if they want to shut down that is on a timer (dialog timeout). Can I have the same behaviour on the ‘user_reboot’ window? Currently ‘user_reboot’ also asks for user confirmation, but without the timer, so the device doesn’t reboot until the button is clicked.
I would ideally like it to work in the same way we shut down our devices every evening to save energy, see igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1579779725199800?thread_ts=1579532637.086800&cid=C8GP9JHQE
This adds a basic script that calls user_shutdown which is executed using a cron job
In System, Registry:
should help you out or at least point you in the right direction😄
Thanks, but the dialogue with timer does not seem to work for the reboot, only for shutdown.
Would suppress the dialog be enough?
I actually want the dialogue though, the important thing is the timeout.
I want to be able to reboot our devices during maintenance, but if a user is active on a device, I want them to be able to cancel the reboot process, and if not, the timer runs out and the device reboots. It works like this when I run user_shutdown: _(first screenshot)_
but user_reboot does not have the timer: _(2nd screenshot)_
And forcefully rebooting without showing a warning or allowing the user to cancel is exactly what we want to avoid.
Does that make sense?
Maybe a possible workaround could be to make a custom window using ‘yad’? That should work I guess. But I was hoping there would be an easier way
The fun fact is that this GTK Message is calling:
user_reboot, this calls soft_reboot and there:
if [ “$REBOOT_TIMEOUT” = “yes” ] ; then
TIMEOUT_MSG_PARAM=”-S -s $DIALOG_TIMEOUT”
I’m on a call atm., but will check.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to add a timer popup when user reboots IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”