So I am trying to get bookmarks working but i just can’t get it working. I have tried both chrome and firefox. I have UMS file rule in place that puts the bookmarks.html file in the chrome folder, and the places.sqlit file in the firefox profile path. But when i open the browsers they do not have the bookmarks. Is there something i am missing.
I would define the bookmarks in the firefox configuration and in chrome with the policies.
In chrome I define our bookmarks with policies, in FF I would think you can do it the same way. 😅
Here I would work with the “Bookmarks” policy.
1. How-To-Do: (Roll out/Edit the policy.json in policies/managed/)
2. Chrome policy list: (Use the policy “ManagedBookmarks” to configure the bookmarks)
For Chrome I can help you with the configuration. I configured and rolled out the Chrome CP with complete edited Chrome policies and the now integrated Chromium the same. (Just a nice hint: Chromium ist integrated in IGEL OS since 11.04.; But will firstly work with custom policies with a IGEL profile on firmwares higher then 11.04.253, but you can define the policy.json normally)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to add bookmarks to Chrome / Firefox in IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS