Hi, anyone knows a good way of adding DNS Search Suffixes to a TC using Profile? TC is on DHCP but the scope has no Option set. I have to do it on the TC.
Are you looking to set a nameserver/default domain?
If so, check under LAN/WLAN -> DHCP
Is there a reason you wouldn’t just set option 15 and be done?
My devices dont get plugged in until they are out in the field so a profile setting wouldnt help them find the management server since they wouldnt have the profile yet. The DHCP option is far more reliable.
@member TCs find the UMS server fine. I had a need to test one-off suffixes, with DHCP not under my control, it would take time to get those option set (and remove).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to add DNS Search Suffixes to a IGEL OS using Profile?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS