The BIOS-Version 22.214.171.1245 doesn’t seem to support the Fibocom L850-GL modem in our Lenovo Thinkpads T14s Gen 1
We have Lenovo ThinkPad T490s 20NY laptops with a Fibocom L830-EB and they are working fine, but unfortunately that laptop is EOL.
Is it possible to upload drivers?
Hi, are you related to @member and his thread? igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1603889402084200
Just to get the things a bit sorted 😄
Uploading/integrating drivers in general, might work but let me ask first which firmware version of Igel OS you are running and if you already checked if there is a Bios Update for your devices?
Yes we’re colleagues.
With the BIOS-version we meant the Igel OS (firmware) version.
We haven’t tried any Bios or hardware firmware updates yet.
From what I‘m seing they are a few distros whose supporting that modem but I can‘t say it for sure. According to some articles, the modem may need some additional work. Did you tried a plain Ubuntu x64 18.04 version and check if you get it running there? If that works, we have a little chance to get it implemented by using a CP.
Sounds good! We’ll go ahead and try this! We will work on this again starting this coming monday.
And, just in case, please check if they are Bios Updates for that device (Laptop AND Modem)👍
Thanks for your help and ideas
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?