Is there anyway to allow Firefox to be opened while I have VMware Horizon as my Appliance Application. The purpose would be to allow people to change their passwords, since VMWare doesn’t have that ability built in, if their AD Account Expires or Locksout.
If you are running the Horizon Client in appliance mode (Sessions -> Appliance -> VMWare Horizon) then there is no way for a user to break out of the appliance login window to launch a browser.
I am curious though, when a password expires Horizon should begin to use the new password, so is there something I am missing?
@member We integrate SecureAuth, a MFA Solution into our VMware Enviornment which it doesn’t have any kind of functionality to allow a password change in the client. However, it’d be nice if it did 🙂
The only “appliance mode” vendor I have seen that allows for third party password reset/password management solutions is Imprivata OneSign. They actually embed a link in their appliance mode UI that will launch a browser session that can be configured to point to a password reset URL.
Ok sounds good! I have a seperate directory setup to quicly change the machines to a browser in case someone does this as a workaround. It should be good enough for now.
You could use an appliance mode like. That‘s the thread I‘ve pasted, I‘ve tried to reproduce the appliance mode (from a security perspective), but more flexible. Instead of Firefox, you could use a vmware sessions.
It might help.
Thanks! I’ll give it a try.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to allow Firefox to be opened while I have VMware Horizon as my Appliance Application?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?