I have a home user on a UD3 with LXOS, attempting to access WiFi. Her home WiFi SSID has spaces in it, and we can’t get the UD3 to take the network config. Is there a way to “trick” the OS into allowing spaces in the SSID?
Which Firmware are you on?
Can you connect the device per LAN and update it to a newer firmware? If yes, i would provide you a fix.
Can do! How new does it need to be? Will 11.04.220, 240, or 253 work? Also just recieved .911 for another problem we’re having. Thanks! 😃
.264 should at least include the fix. Will PM you. Just to be sure: are you using the Wifi Manager to get connected or Igel Setup?
We’ve tried both. We are moving to WiFi Manager, though.
You only need to use SSID with “SSID”
Put it in double quotes? We’ll try it!
yes, because its the same like the nmcli command
nmcli device wifi connect “my homewifi” password mypass
you can easy try that in the terminal
Thank you! Waiting for the user to get back with us to test.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to allow IGEL OS to accept spaces in a WiFI SSID?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive