I would need the automation of importing profiles to an ums instance. The idea would be, i have the file, and via igel IMI and a curl command i import a profile. I cannot use powershell since its a full linux system. For what i read in the documentation, its only possible to rename profiles, and no load/create them
Hi, atm. this feature isn‘t integrated that‘s right! What is the goal you are trying to achieve?
yes you are right, the IMI does not support the creation / import of profiles.
btw: powershell is crossplatform for over 2 years now 😉
The goal is to be able to automate common igel workflows for a continuous integration environment. At least, automate up to a certain level, because i know the installation cannot be performed unnattended. But expected that somehow i could, once the system is installed, trigger the import of some preconfigured profile files, plus creating the thinclients, in an automated way.
Thanks for your answers!
I am presenting tomorrow on using the API with my PSIGEL Powershell module – also working in Linux – i have demos that show the abilities of the API – come and join!
@member Here is sample CI/CD ITIL Change workflow and you could have full automation once IGEL has updated IMI to allow automation around profiles.
•Test / Sandbox IGEL UMS
•Create profile and test
•Export profile (XML) and add to GitHub
•Document the change
•Pre-Prod / QA IGEL UMS
•Pull profile from revision GitHub
•Import into UMS
•Successfully tested and given approval to move to Production
•Production IGEL UMS
•Referencing profile in GitHub, create & obtain change approvals
•During change window, install change and complete tests
•Close change request
Sample Profile in GitHub
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to automate importing profiles to the IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS