Our company uses static IP addresses and static DNS entries. I am attempting to set the network name during boot via reverse DNS lookup. We’re running UMS 6.07.100 and UC5-LX 11.05.133.01.
I found a script that I modified and I believe should work, I have tried it first under Network -> After network DNS and second under Base -> Final initialization command. I have also enabled “Adjust UMS-internal name if network name has changed”.
RENAME=$(dig -x $(hostname -I) +short)
if [“$RENAME” != “$HOSTNAME”]
setparam network.dns.hostname $RENAME
If I run these commands via the local terminal I have had success, but I have not been able to automate them as of yet. I am new to Igel, am I doing something wrong, is there an easier way?
I also found a setting in the registry that looked promising, network.dns.hostname_dnslookup but haven’t gotten that to work either.
Try setting it in Custom CommandsBaseInitialization. That’s where my script runs for renaming devices, and it has worked well. It does require a reboot.
I’ll give it a shot, I was assuming I would have to wait longer for the network to come up and DNS to work.
Moving it to initialization does not appear to have made a difference.
I put your code into a profile. See attached. Reboot needed for it to take after applied to system.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to automate script to set network name during IGEL OS boot?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?