Hello, I’m trying to add a automatic startup Job in the UMS but it doesn’t seem to work. I created some Buddy update servers and set a auto shutdown Job both work but the auto startup doesn’t. We access the Igels through a VPN connection. Is it possible to do this through a VPN connection?
Hello, @member are we speaking about UMS Wake Up Job (Wake On Lan)?
Hi Nick, the buddy update has nothing to do with waking up clients. You should assign a WOL-proxy. You can find the Wake-On-Lan Proxy in the UMS administration.
Thanks! the customer has multiple locations do I need to set a WOL-proxy in every location?
Yes, one per VLAN, location or site.
Thanks I will try it.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”