Hello all, Does anyone know if there a way to block DHCP setting the hostname (option 12) from the UMS/Profiles/Settings side?
I don’t know if it can be blocked but you might be able to overwrite it by using a naming convention + the ‘adjust name of device’ option
Thanks Ruiny. Appreciate the information. We have a naming scheme being applied, but the DHCP option is overriding it.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to block DHCP setting the hostname (option 12) from the UMS / Profiles / Settings side?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive