Hi,, new here.. wanted to see if there is a way to bulk load Dept field in the Igel Console?
Hi Sean, good to have you onboard. You mean the department field list on the asset details of the Endpoint in UMS? A mass import like on CSV, right?
System,Import,Import Devices,Long Format might help?
@member, does a csv work to update existing objects or will it only work for importing new objects? Importing a csv is by far the easiest way to load all that device information ahead of time.
Anyways, if you need to update a bunch of existing objects, I would probably familiarize yourself with the API and @member’s PSIGEL powershell module
@member it should yes, from what I recall. Will check later on!
Yes looking to update existing assets… and just the dept field
so there is a way to add dept field during a new asset import?
New asset import: CSV, Update the field (but cannot check atm.) CSV Import AND/OR IMI RestApi
I may not understand this.. (but cannot check atm.) CSV Import AND/OR IMI RestApi
I mean on an initial import of endpoints, you may use the CSV Import and if you want to update the field on existing endpoints: IMI (our Rest API) or CSV Reimport (but cannot check if that one works). Sorry was on a call and should have taken more time to write.
1. ok gotcha now
does a reimport right over anything or would just add whats misisng?
That‘s what I can‘t test for the moment😉
@member i think the re-import mode works – never tested it myself – and propably @member told me it would, which would mean it does 😄
but you can also you IMI / API and therefore my Powershell module PSIGEL, especially this function: github.com/IGEL-Community/PSIGEL/blob/master/Docs/Update-UMSDevice.md
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to bulk load Dept field in the IGEL UMS Console?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?