I am trying to use the attached script to capture CDP data coming from our switches to write it out to a field in UMS. I have to su to the root user when testing it locally for it to work. When I try to run it via Custom Command, the variables aren’t defined. Is there a way to run it with the required permissions from the UMS profile? Also… I am using the structure tag field in UMS as it was mentioned in another example, is it possible to write to a different attribute in UMS?
Usually, commands that are executed as custom command are executed in a root context. How did you start your script in your profile?
I just have the attached script pasted in Initialization section of the profile.
Try another approach for testing:
create a file on your computer
paste your script in it, save it as script.sh
upload it to UMS using files: file location /wfs/script.sh
Rights: RWE for root, E for user
Assign the file to the endpoint
check if file is really there
Change your profile with custom command to
I tried running it this way as well and I’m getting the same result.
And what happens when issuing the /bin/… command in a local terminal logged in as root?
Continue reading and comment on ‘How to capture CDP data coming from our switches using an script?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”