Hello, sorry it is only a optical problem, but i like change this for my users. We use IGEL with VMWare View. I cant find an Option in UMS to Center VMWare View Windows at startup of Igel OS. Is there an config option to center this window (or all Windows?)
Do you only use Vmware? If you do, like we do, then I’d recommend using the VMware View Appliance Mode. It automatically full screens it and centers
Did you mean Kiosk-Mode?
Ok, found it…. Cool Idea
Hello Björn, If the Appliance mode isn‘t covering your need, I would try to script by using the wmctrl command.
It also elminates weird configs need for dual screens
appliance mode is good, but as @member said, not covering my exact needs. i looked for wmctrl command, very compley, looks like i have to calculate the center of screen. My Hope was that there is an option to center, and the window manager does the job, but no.
Short question did you have an example ?
Last time I used this Script (should still work):
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to center VMWare View Windows at startup of IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”