Hi folks, I’m trying to get a custom icon for a Citrix app to display on the IGEL OS desktop with no luck (get the default white icon with a gear), is there some special trick to get this working? Thanks!
hey @member, do you have the custom icon file already in the IGEL OS?
I wasn’t aware that this had to be done, is this through UMS?
Highly recommend downloading @member’s OS Customization Guide and there is a chapter in there about applying custom icons to connections.
Page 47, Section 8
awesome, I’ll have a squiz, thanks heaps again!
In short you’ll copy the custom icon file into the IGEL OS, and then point your session connection to that file, all using UMS.
Sorry for clarifying this better earlier, but this is for a specific app published through Citrix. I’ve published Windows Explorer and web based apps and they come up with the right icons by default, but this is a custom app. The icon displays fine in the Windows Citrix receiver.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to change the Citrix app icon displayed on the IGEL OS desktop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?