Hi all, is there a possibility to change the default behavior how new attached displays will be displayed?
For example I connect to my Igel Mobile Client a new display via HDMI and this will be automatically be cloned. I want to prefer to extend all new attached displays as a default.
Same happens if I connect my Igel Mobile Client to a dockingstation with 2 attached displays. All displays will show the same content (cloned) as default. Would be nice if Igel will try to extend the display mode. I know in some cases the order will not be correct.
Same issue appears, If I work with 3 displays (one laptop-display, 2 external displays attached via USB-C dockingstation). I configured the correct order and see on all 3 displays a different content (extended mode). Now I will close the notebook lid. the 2 external displays will switch from extended to clone mode. I have to change it manually to extend mode again. That’s not so nice.
Hi Eric, are you already on an actual Firmware like: >11.04.240? The Display Switcher should save that config.
Yes, I am already on 11.04.245. The display switcher is correct configured.
My question was not about saving the config. I want change the default behavior, that new attached display should not be automatically in mirroed mode instead should be in the extended mode.
So in our use case (roaming desktops with mobile igel clients) it doesn’t make sense when a user attached their device to a dockingstation and all 3 displays are in a mirrored mode as a default setting. You know what I mean?
I will ask, but atm. there is only the xrandr workaround from what I recall:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to change the default behavior how new attached displays will be displayed?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”