Morning folks. We need to “re-ip” our UMS server as we need to move it to a new subnet. Do the TC’s use a DNS name to find UMS, or do they use an IP? After the IP address change, how will the clients find the UMS that manages them
To register IGEL devices automatically they have to get an information where to find the management server. There are two possibilities:
• DNS entry `igelrmserver` (The _Type must be: Record Type A_)
• DHCP option (224)
The devices are already registered with UMS, this is not a new rollout.
if igel os devices get an ip address via dhcp from a zone where the 224 option is set they contact that ums server, if there is not a dhcp option 224 set, but a dns type a record exists (via configured dns) than they look for an ums server there.
if the via dhcp/dns configured ums has the same certificate as the old one (or the same one with new ip), than the devices connect to that ums server.
if it is a new server: if you have imported the devices from the old ums server or you configured the new ums server to auto-register new devices than the devices will connect to the new ums server.
Got it. Thank you for the explanation.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS