Hi, anyone knows about how IGEL names output sound devices? I’m trying to change laptop microphone volume because we have algo an USB audio device, but I don’t find the way to change only this device
Easiest way: open the sound preferences on a testclient (taskbar or Desktop context menu):
yes, I have that, but in your example, what is the device name I have to enter in the “Device Name” option?
Easiest way: open the igelsetup on endpoint side and select the right device in the pulldown menu. Copy that entry to the profile!
I have only this in the Endpoint Site in that option, none of them work, it always changes the volume of the two devices.
I’m so sorry, I misrade your original request… I would use pacmd commands and run them as a Final Desktop Command: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to change the name of output sound devices?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”