Today i’m encountering a strange issue: we have converted and old pc to OS11; in the past this machine must have been registered to UMS using and additional Network card with a different mac address, since the Unit ID and the mac address are not the same. Now we have problems assigning a license because of this mismatch. However even doing a couple of factory reset the situation didn’t changed, even if now i’m using the correct network adapter (onboard). Should i clean something that i’m missing on the UMS?
Hi, if there’s a mismatch between the Unit ID and the MAC, this can be fixed by doing the following:
→ create a Local Terminal session (look under Accessories)
→ run the command get_unit_id –r -f
→ restart the device
It would also be a good idea to reset this device to factory defaults to make sure you have got a clean device
(after having run this command)
It worked like a charm! I’ve also performed a factory reset to be sure, and everything seems to be ok now. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to clean mismatch between the IGEL Unit ID and the MAC address’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”