Hi everyone, just want to share a short “how to”: combine two Custom Partitions into one. @member for the moment we cannot use two different mount points for Custom Partitions (at least, not official supported): like /custom and /somethingelse.
This feature is planned to be integrated, but for the moment this is how I would set the thing up:
1. Remove existing CP Profiles from the endpoints
2. two CP profiles: CP fahclient (CP1) and CP flatpak (CP2)
3. edit the first one
4. System, Firmware Customization, Custom Partition, Partiition: note down the CP Size
5. Edit the Download Source and copy the Content of all fields
6. Check if Custom commands or / and Custom Applications should be copied also
7. edit the second one
8. System, Firmware Customization, Custom Partition, Partiition: add the the size from CP1 to the CP2: 315+800=1115M
9. Add a second Download Location and paste the content from CP1
10. Assign the profile of CP2 to the endpoints
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to combine two IGEL Custom Partitions into one’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS