Hi Everyone, Hoping some one can help me out. I’m looking for a way launch a Citrix XenApp application if it ever gets closed. Right now I have auto launch on and that is working correctly. We run an application in a KIOSK type setup and every now and then a user will close the application. What i’m needing to happen, is if said application gets closed then it will auto re-launch.
I assume that you also set Username/Password as a preset in your profile, right?
So, device boots up, login automatically and start the app also automatically right?
That is correct.
Then you could try to set a post session command that logs the device off (and automatically login again after that) after the application stops:
If this takes too long, give us feedback please. There is another way possible, I believe.
Since the session is not actually ending, just the application. Would there be a way just to re-launch the application?
Did you tried that Post Session command already? I just tried it with a calculator: started, ended, logged off and it worked since it was the last application opened.
Of course we could script something, but in that case I would recommend to try first the builtin feature, because it’s more reliable on the long term (I believe).
Thank you, this solved my problem.
You are welcome!!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure a application to relaunch if it is closed on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”