Hi All, I’m new to configuring Citrix on IGEL and I was wondering if one could configure a Citrix session to use a NetScaler Gateway (Citrix Gateway) rather than StoreFront? If I can, are there any links to articles that could give me a push in the right direction in terms of setting it up? Many thanks in advance 👍:skin-tone-2:
Hi Anthony. Welcome to the best community ☺️
When you configure a Citrix session and normaly enter the StoreFront URL and the store name, for netscaler just state the URL and leave the store name blank. NS will do the rest.
Fantastic, I’ll give it a go now!
Also watch out for the step by step guide from Doug. You’ll find a bunch of tips there as well.
Where can I find this step-by-step guide @member?
Look in the announcement channel a few posts up in 21th Jan you see the post from Doug.
Ah I see, thanks. 😀
In regards to my efforts to with configuring Citrix Session profile to use my Netscaler Gateway, I’m still not able to log in with a 503 error – this is with the store path + name blank
And from another client it’s working? 503 is also support.citrix.com/article/CTX120240
Ah, its working via web only – Thanks for your assistance!
👍check-out the appliance mode. It’s like a Kiosk mode for the user where the user cannot change anything or doesn’t have access to the igel environment at all. It’s an extra entry under sessions.
Hi @member, I just wanted to further express my gratitude for your assistance today. The Appliance mode actually resolved a further issue that I was having and made the user experience much better. Almost like you were one step ahead of me 😆
Thank you – always glad to help!
I want to caution you about using the nestscaler if you are using Imprivata and ProveID embedded
I guess in this case, I’ve dodged a bullet. But out of curiosity, why?
we had lots of connection issues, users would frequently need to badge 3 or 4 time to get a logon. The keyboard would stop responding after a few hours use while sitting on the logon screen.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure a Citrix session to use a NetScaler Gateway (Citrix Gateway) rather than StoreFront?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?