I’m sure I’ve seen this somewhere but now I can’t find it. How do I change the default “Put in directory” value from “/Devices/” in a manual scan so that all manual scans will default to some other directory?
Are you speaking about Default Directory rules maybe?
I don’t think so, but I’ve given it a try and it didn’t work for me. Are ‘Default Directory rule’ only applied to automatic registration and not manual registration?
No, they are applied on demand, on Bootup a.e. or after registration if you didn‘t selected a folder inside the Registration window.
Got it. I hadn’t spotted that the Default directory rules are hierarchical – I had one rule under another rather than two rules at the same level. I was also confused because the “Put in directory” field in the ‘Found devices’ dialog had not updated with my configured folder. It still said ‘/Devices/’.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure all manual IGEL OS scans to default to a specified directory?
‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?