Hi everyone, I have a problem setting the audio device. I want the IGEL client to automatically take the headset when plugged in. I configured it under Accessories -> Sound Preferences -> Options as shown on the screenshot. The problem is that switching to the headset doesn’t work automatically. It only works when I open the local setup and apply the policy there. Is this a known problem? Thanks in advance.
Hi, no, works here, tested a few hours ago. Which UMS / Igel OS versions are you using?
We have this problem, too, at least for the Audio input. De do not use the device name as we have different headsets from different vendors (Jabra, Sennheiser, Plantronics). I saw this first in 11.04.200, but I think it was introduces with the new audio mixer dialog in 11.04. For us the mircofone of our Logitech C930e webcam is selected in most cases – I think because it normally is connected to the USB 3.0 connector and the headset to USB 2.0 (both on the backside of UD3 LX50). In older OS 11 versions (ie. 11.03.586.der we could solve this by setting ‘multimedia.pulseaudio.daemon.load-module-switch-on-connect in the registry to false. This does not work anymore now.
Interesting behavior indeed!
@member which devices (Audio and Endpoints) are you using?
IGEL OS: 11.04.240
Endpoint: UD3-LX 60 (M350C)
Headset: cmp net USB-Adapter QD auf USB + cmp net 2010D Duo Flex-Boom NC Headset
A small addition for our enviroment: On the input tab of the mixer in 11.04.240 it only says analog Mono, while on 11.03.586 it also said headset behind the device name. On the Output the headset is recognized as such and it says headset behind the name.
Thanks guys, I will check on my side but I would also highly suggest to open a ticket to get the things sorted. Would you mind to do so?
I am already planning on doing just that as we got the registry setting from Igel Support for the 11.03.xxx 11.03.xxx firmware. Thanks for your help
No problem, Sebastien. I’ll open a ticket. Thank you for your help.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure an audio device to auto connect when plugging in to an IGEL OS device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS