Every evening, I would like most of our IGEL OS computers to automatically shut down to save power. The ‘Job’ feature works perfectly, but ideally I would like the user to be able to cancel the shutdown process. What would be the easiest way of doing this?
I thought there was a way to display a dialog? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Check System > Power Options > Shutdown
I think that only works when the user initiates a shutdown.
Yeah. These are the device options. When I force execution of my job that initiates a “shutdown” of this device, it ignores these profile settings and forces a shutdown instead of giving the user an option to cancel. Maybe a feature request? Anyone know of a workaround for now?
Oh I see. I didn’t realise it would override those settings and force a shutdown. There’s definitely a possible workaround via scripting but this is something you would have to look into.
You could also post this in #feature-proposals
Hi Pieter, not the smartest way but would it be an alternative in the meantime until the Feature Proposal is agreed and integrated, to have a Profile that does that job?
I mean, we could create a Cron Job inside a profile, that starts a shutdown with Dialog to a specific time.
Hi Sebastien, thanks for the reply. I think that would be a decent workaround.
Do I understand correctly that I would have to follow these steps kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/creating-a-timed-command-cron-replacement-24385379.html? Can you point me in the right direction on how to make an interactable dialogue window?
Yes! Let me terminate my call and I will have a look soon!
Here we go. please find attached a sample profile with tested shutdown. It’s configured to shutdown (with dialog) the device, every day @11:40
Import the profile, adapt the schedule, assign it and reboot the testdevice
Thanks a lot. I’ll test it out after the weekend.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure IGEL OS to shutdown every evening to save power?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?