We are trying to scan our IGEL OS with Tenable Nessus to see if all Linux patches are installed and the client has no other vulnerabilities.
We successfully configured the ruser to connect to SSH but after Nessus scanner connects we get the following error:
“Remote host was not identified as a known device or operating system and the execution of “uname -a” failed.”
We already tried to allow the application uname, /bin/sh, and /bin/bash but that does not solve the issue.
How can we successfully configure the client via the UMS to support a Nessus SSH scan?
Thanks in advance!
Dear Richard, if you login by hand, can you issue uname -a?
I would suspect that you would need a user with more rights.
@member I would check with the vendor to make sure they have support for IGEL. Have the vendor contact IGEL Ready program to join.
Since IGEL OS locked down / secured, many of the assumptions they may have with other Linux OS may not work.
Try it with the root user and see if it works. ruser is a special account with limited permissions, and you may be running into issues with that
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure IGEL OS to support a Nessus SSH scan?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS