hi all – is there a way to configure the default behaviour of closing a laptop? e.g. “do nothing”
ok I have found something… but it does not work 😞 sessions.user_display0.options.lid_events
hey @member take a look at this, might be of some assistance.
but I would like to disable the laptop lid closing event 🙂
Not in the office atm, but this article may help:
What about that one:
aha – you want that the device is NOT reacting on the event – perhaps the reg-key is active so you can deactivate it?
thx a lot for your help 🙂 @member the Regkeys are not active
well… I have deactivated the “lid function” but the laptop goes into standby
by pressing a button at the keyboard or move the mouse the laptops becomes awake and the displays are working… so it looks like the lid option switch in IGEL OS is not working?
Did you check the BIOS of the device is wakeup by keyboard and mouse could be deactivated there?
@member I am looking for an option like this
yep got you – AFAIK that is normally the case if you do nothing 🙂 So strange
Since they’re running systemd, changing the logind settings in /etc/systemd/logind.conf might work (set the ‘handlelidswitch’ options to ‘ignore’).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure the default behaviour of closing a laptop on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS