Hi all, we have a customer who wants to use a Leica IPC (Serial port) on his Dell 5070 (Serial port as well) with OS 11.04.130. He wants to connect it trough COM. Is this possible with Horizon View? Already found the option in the UMS but it’s not the solution. Any idea? Thanks!
Hi! Which kind of Horizon Protocol are you using?
VMWare Horizon client session (Desktop
PCoIP, Blast or RDP?
Beside the last question, please consider that article too:
Is it working from a Windows PC? Are you using Native USB Redirection? If yes, I would disable it during testing:
Sorry, they are using Blast. I will ask the customer for more information
Hi guys, there’s a newly found issue with Horizon serial port redir. Basically the service is not started at boot time. Should be fixed in upcoming releases. In the meantime: put `systemctl start igel-horizon-ftsprhvd`
_System > Firmware Customization > Custom Commands > Base > Final initialization_
After reboot you should be able to see in the panel of the remote desktop an icon for the redirected ports, where you can configure the port settings (provided the Horizon agent service for serial redir is installed, of course)
Thanks for the update!
Our customer added the rule into the UMS/profile and now it works! So thank you very much! Have a nice day
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to connect a COM Port device through VMware Horizon View client on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?