Hello everyone, we would like to connect zebra barcode scanners [Zebra DS3608] to a UD2. This works via COM ports and should be displayed under Citrix-Citrix Global – Mapping – Serial Ports – Search Device… but it will not. Does anyone have an idea?
on endpoint: which Igel OS Firmware / UD2 product ID / Serial adapter did you used?
Which tutorials for the server side did you followed?
The endpoint is a IGEL UD2-LX50 with OS 11 11.02.150.01 . We do not use an adapter as the barcode scanner is connected via USB.
The Port Redirection Policy in Citrix is enabled.
Ok, but you said Serial Scanner, so having it connected through USB would mean to me it‘s an adapter.
Do you have USB ACL in place: kb.igel.com/igelos1103/en/usb-access-control-24386462.html
if yes, please disable it. Or try to redirect the Device there.
Do you have Native USB Redirection enabled? If yes, please disable it:
Sorry that I led you there in the wrong way. I assumed that I would see my hand held as a COM port there.
Both rules were not enabled.
If i Look at Hardware-Info i see the scanner at USB Devices with Bus 1
Then you could try to Redirect the Scanner by enabling the USB Redirection, and redirecting that one device. Please be aware that this feature needs to be configured on Citrix server side also.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to connect a COM port Zebra barcode scanner to an IGEL OS device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”