Greetings all – Is anybody aware of a method to control / assist with Monitor DPI assignment when using iGel to connect to a Citrix System? I had found this article support.citrix.com/article/CTX230017, but as we read it, it seems to assume that the underlying OS is Windows rather than a Thin OS offering. I found a different article that specifically references the use of RDP by IGEL kb.igel.com/igelos-11.02.100/en/window-23515770.html , but have not specifically found anything related to using Citrix as the broker with iGel OS.
The reason why I ask is that while we do apply GPO’s within the Windows 10 machine accessed via Citrix, at times the DPI’s we’re applying don’t seem to be applied appropriately or stick long term. As a result of that we think it is possible that the iGel OS and Win10 inside of Citrix are disagreeing.
Hi James. In User Interface / Display / Options / Monitor DPI detection is set to “smart”? you can change the values here and check the results.
How did you configure the monitor itself in User Interface / Display?
Hi Udo – Thanks for responding. I’m glad you pointed out those settings, as I have not done anything with either one in a profile. They are at the defaults and aren’t changed in any way.
What are the recommended settings for these? I could see enabling the Smart detection setting for Monitor DPI, but I’d be hesitant to force a screen resolution globally or even per group in User.
so normally I configure the maximum number of monitors in display, set it to autodetect regarding resolution and (under advanced) to the port (dvi, dp etc.)
I leave the DPI to smart and above that provide the user access to our tool “Display Switch” (under Accessories). Under options activate the first three options.
the user then can configure his combination of monitors (incl. pivot, resolution, left monitor right and vice versa) on his own and not gonna disturb you with any special setup.
This also reduces the number of monitor profiles.
Be aware that with more than 2 monitors the autodetect of resolution is no available, so you have to set it fix for each monitor.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to control / assist with Monitor DPI assignment when using IGEL OS to connect to a Citrix System?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?